NOTE – Applications will be accepted to the STEM BUILD Opportunity for best consideration through
Friday, April 7, 2017
The STEM Living Learning Community joined the campus as UMBC’s tenth Living and Learning Community (LLC) in Fall 2015 and expanded to 75 students in Fall 2016 to become its largest LLC. It is typically for first year students (Freshmen and Transfer) and BTP Trainees, with some students applying to continue in the STEM LLC for a second year.
The goals of the STEM LLC are to:
- develop intentional connections and relationships among students majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- expose students to other STEM majors,
- expand perspectives,
- encourage peer mentoring,
- foster study group participation,
- promote career exploration, and
- provide opportunities to develop leadership skills. All students with STEM majors are eligible to apply, but preference will be given to participants in the STEM BUILD at UMBC initiative.